Join the Ambassadors
Complete the short online form by Friday, Sept. 5, 2019. We will schedule in-person interviews on Friday, Sept. 13, with a select number of students. Students should review the roles and responsibilities below before submitting their application.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Attend regular monthly meetings
- Attend annual retreat
- Serve a two-year term (unless you are graduating)
- Participate in one committee
- Complete at least two hours of service each semester outside of regular meetings
- Conduct outreach activities such as staffing informational booths, speaking to small groups, or giving tours
- Complete educational training about library services and resources
- Share information about the Libraries on your personal social media accounts
Annual Retreat: The annual retreat is Saturday, Sept. 21, 2019, from 8:00 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Students will get to know their fellow ambassadors, participate in icebreaker activities, and learn more about the program. Breakfast and lunch are provided.
Monthly Meetings: Monthly meetings are generally the last Tuesday of the month while school is in session. To improve efficiency, committee meetings are held on the same night as the full ambassador meetings. Dinner is provided.
2019 Monthly Meeting Schedule:
Committee meeting: 7:30–8:30 p.m.
Full Ambassador meeting: 8:30–9:30 p.m.
November 19 (not the last Tuesday due to Fall Break)