We know how helpful it can be to show a film during class. Some databases include videos, such as methodology videos for labs, other databases focus on documentary or popular films.
Swank Digital Campus
Swank is our primary provider of popular films. Our contract with Swank allows us to access a fixed number of titles in a three-year period. Once those titles are used, we must wait to request different titles. We have access to a requested title in Swank for one year. The expiration date appears on the film's streaming page. Look for "Available through [date]".
- Check to see if the title is already available in Digital Campus. The title can be placed under your course number. If the title is not available, then make a request.
- To place a request, use your instructor login, find your film, then send the request to us through the Swank platform, or
- Complete our Video Request Form.
- Staff will contact Digital Campus to verify that the title is available for viewing rights (this may take up to three days).
- We will contact you once we have access with instructions on how to view the movie.
Kanopy & Docuseek
Kanopy and Docuseek include videos from BBC, Criterion Collection, classic films, and documentaries from Bullfrog Films, Icarus Films, First Run Features, Kartemquin Films, and more. Videos may be licensed for usually one year. The expiration date for a licensed video can be found in the Search It record. Look for “Available until[date]” under the Kanopy or Docuseek link.
Complete our Video Request Form.
We will contact you once we have access with instructions on how to view the movie.