There are 14 collaboration rooms and 4 individual-study rooms located in the Dave and Ellie Everitt Learning Commons on the first floor of Hale Library. Anyone affiliated with K-State can reserve these rooms for up to four hours at a time. Use of the collaboration rooms is intended for two or more people involved in a collaborative academic or research activity.
Reserving collaboration rooms
1. Log into webmail
2. Click on the calendar icon at the bottom left.
3. Click New Event or Select the date and time you would like to reserve
4. A calendar dialog box will appear
5. Fill in the Title (Subject of your meeting or your group’s name. The first 32 characters will appear on the room’s display unit.)
6. Click on the text “Invite required attendees” to send the invitation to other members of your group (for each member type in their e-mail address or their name).
7. Verify the date and time are correct (note you can only reserve a room up to 1 month out and a maximum of 4 hours at a time).
8. Click the text “Search for a room or location”
9. Type in the room you wish to reserve (for example: hl-103a-loc). Typing in hl- will list the first few available rooms in Hale. Room calendar name, capacity and room amenities can be found on the First Floor Map.
10. Outlook will display whether or not the room is available for the date and time you are requesting
11. Click the name of the room you wish to reserve or type in the full room calendar name (for example hl-103j-loc) to find a specific room, then click the name of the room to select
12. (Optional) You can click the text “Add a description” to type a message that you and the other members you invite will be able to see
13. When finished, click ‘Send’
14. You should receive an e-mail from that room showing the the appointment as having accepted or declined (with the reason listed) and some basic guidelines. If you do not see this e-mail, please check your Junk email folder and your Clutter folder
15. If you have any questions or need assistance, please e-mail email@example.com or call the Library Help Desk in Hale Library at(785)532-3014. We will be happy to assist you.