The Academic Services Student Specialist will assist the Instructional Design Librarian and other librarians in the Academic Services Department in:
- Design, creation and maintenance of online learning tools
- Copy editing of online learning tools
- Creating transcripts of audio and video
- Coding of usability studies
- Other tasks assigned by Academic Services Librarians such as working on the GRA web site and database (https://www.lib.k-state.edu/gracroplands/)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience with web design and html
- Ability to work independently and in a team
- Willingness to investigate or learn new technologies
- Experience with Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat, Camtasia or Audacity
- Graphic design coursework and/or experience
- Computer, printer, various software programs, and the web.
- The applicant will be working 20 hours a week. The work will be accomplished between the hours of 8:00 AM and 5:00 PM, Monday through Friday.
Preferred Start Date:
- Monday, May 14, 2018
- To apply, please download the application form (pdf) to your desktop. Click File > Save As and use "your name" as the file name. Close the saved file on your desktop. DO NOT COMPLETE THE APPLICATION UNTIL YOU HAVE DOWNLOADED AND SAVED THE PDF TO YOUR DESKTOP.
- When ready, re-open the saved pdf application file and complete the form in its entirety. Specifically, make sure you indicate at the top of page 1: Position(s) Applying for, and the Availability (Schedule) section on page 2.
- Attach your saved application, resume, and current and/or Fall 2018 schedule to email to email@example.com. The subject line of the email should be: Student - }Name of Position(s) you are applying for}.
*IF YOU ARE SELECTED FOR AN INTERVIEW YOU WILL BE CONTACTED VIA YOUR KSU.EDU E-MAIL ACCOUNT.*