The Academic Services Student Specialist will assist the Instructional Designer and other librarians in the Academic Services Department in:
- Creation and maintenance of web and multimedia learning content
- Copy editing of online learning tools
- Creating transcripts of audio and video
- Web standards and accessibility reviews
- Other tasks assigned by Academic Services Librarians such as working on literature searches or usability studies
- Excellent written communication skills
- Experience with HTML5 and any content management system (such as Canvas, LibGuides, or WordPress)
- Ability to work independently and in a team
- Willingness to investigate or learn new technologies
- Digital photo editing, such as resizing, layering, masking, and blend modes
- Video creation and editing
- Experience with Adobe Creative Cloud products, Camtasia, or Audacity
- Experience using Canvas learning management system
- Graphic design coursework and/or experience
- Computer, printer, various software programs, and the web.
- The applicant will be working 20 hours a week. The work will be accomplished between the hours of 8:00 AM and 5:00 PM, Monday through Friday.
- Preferred start date: August 12, 2019. Needed start date: August 26, 2019
How to apply
Complete the application form making sure to upload your resume and Fall 2019 class schedule.
You will be contacted via your K-State email if you are selected for an interview.