About the office
K-State Libraries’ Office of Communication and Marketing coordinates publicity, marketing and outreach for K-State Libraries. The office works with both internal departments and other organizations across campus, generating publicity and marketing campaigns that inform and educate K-State and the broader community about library services and resources. The Graphic Design Student Specialist will develop and design print and digital materials under the supervision of the Senior Graphic Designer.
12-18 hours/week during the school semester, during the hours of 8:00am-3:00pm, Monday-Friday.
The K-State Libraries seek a talented graphic design/visual communication student who can create dynamic, original designs utilizing appropriate graphics software. This individual must be able to work independently and produce creative work based on verbal and written instructions. Whether designing web graphics, digital signs, posters or signage, the successful candidate will need to generate innovative materials on deadline that appeal to a broad audience, from students to faculty to donors. This is an invaluable opportunity to build a portfolio and showcase your talent to the K-State community and beyond.
**When applying, please submit three design samples.**
- Proficiency in Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop and Adobe InDesign required
- Experience in advanced graphic design classes, junior or senior preferred
- Knowledge of basic design and printing/pre-press concepts (e.g., bleed, crop marks)
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Self-motivated, ability to work both independently and collaboratively
- Creative; high attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills
- Positive attitude, able to stick to an established schedule and be responsible
- Prepared to follow direction from supervisor and to work in a team environment
- Must have a professional portfolio for review
How to apply
Complete the application form making sure to upload your resume and class schedule.
You will be contacted via your K-State email if you are selected for an interview.