The Open/Alternative Textbook Initiative encourages faculty experimentation and innovation in finding new, better, and less costly ways to deliver learning materials to students.
All K-State faculty are eligible to apply for awards of $2,000 - $5,000 each. The award may be used at the discretion of faculty to create or implement their open/alternate textbook.
To complete the survey, please be prepared with the following information:
- Instructor information: name(s), title(s), department, email(s), phone number
- Course information: Course name and number; Number of students annually in the course
- Current textbook information: title(s) and costs
- Amount of funding requested: dollar amount
- Proposal text (max. 2 pages attached as Word, PDF, RTF, ODF)