K-State Distance Users may request materials from K-State libraries or other libraries using their Interlibrary Loan account.
- Submit each article request on a separate form.
- Submit book chapter requests on separate forms, but no more than one chapter per book. If more than one chapter is needed, submit a loan request to borrow the book.
- Submit requests for K-State Libraries’ books and other materials through your Interlibrary Loan account, rather than through “Search It.”
- Articles and book chapters are usually delivered as PDFs. You will receive an email when a PDF is available to download in your Interlibrary Loan account.
- For distance users living approximately 40 miles or further from Manhattan, we ship books and other materials directly to your home address via UPS. Delivery may take 4-12 days from the time we notify you an item has been shipped.
- Students, faculty, and staff on the K-State Olathe campus should register as Distance Users. We ship books and other materials directly to your home address via UPS.
- For students serving in the military or students/faculty living overseas, we will ship K-State Libraries’ materials to an APO address or other international address. We don’t borrow materials from other libraries to ship overseas.
- Request renewals for K-State Libraries’ materials in your MyLibrary account.
- When the other library permits renewals, you may request a renewal in your Interlibrary Loan account.
- You are responsible for the cost of returning all items loaned and replacement costs if materials are damaged or lost. Therefore they should be insured and returned using a traceable mail service (UPS or FedEx preferred).
- Students, faculty, and staff on the K-State Olathe campus may return materials to the Director of Student Services or the receptionist in office 210C 22201 W Innovation Drive.