A Community Library Card is available for $10 per year to
- Kansas residents 18 years and older;
- current members of the K-State Alumni Association (fee is waived);
- current members of the Friends of K-State Libraries (fee is waived);
- employees or students of institutions (listed below) with reciprocal borrowing agreements with K-State Libraries (fee is waived);
Community users must complete an application in-person at the Paul Weigel Library of Architecture, Planning & Design (0081 Regnier) and provide proof of eligibility:
- a current membership card to the approved organization (listed below); or
- proof of Kansas residence with an official photo document and a document showing their Kansas address.
With their Community Library Card, these library users will be provided a My Library Account, where they can view checked out items and items on hold, renew items, request item retrieval, update personal information, and pay fines. While most library services are available to community cardholders, interlibrary loan services are not available. Please contact your local library for interlibrary loan services.
Approved Institutions/Organizations for Waived Fee
- Manhattan Christian College
- American Institute of Baking
- Ft. Riley/K-State teachers and students
Kansas Board of Regents public universities
- Emporia State University
- Fort Hays State University
- Pittsburg State University
- University of Kansas
- Washburn University
- Wichita State University
Kansas Library Card
A Community Library Card does not provide off-campus access to our online journals and databases. Community card holders are invited to access most of our resources by visiting our library locations on campus in person.
However, Kansas residents can access certain databases and resources through the State of Kansas. Most of these can be accessed from anywhere in the state with a Kansas Library Card (please note that this card is different from the K-State Libraries Community Patron Library Card).
Apply for a Kansas Library Card at Hale Library.