A Community Library Account is available for no charge
- Kansas residents 18 years and older;
- current members of the K-State Alumni Association;
- current members of the Friends of K-State Libraries;
- employees or students of institutions (listed below) with reciprocal borrowing agreements with K-State Libraries;
Community users must complete an application in-person at the Hale Library Help Desk (2nd floor of Hale Library) and provide proof of eligibility::
- a current membership card to the approved organization (listed below); or
- proof of Kansas residence with an official photo document and a document showing their Kansas address.
With their Community Library Patron Account, these library users will be provided a My Library Account, where they can view checked out items and items on hold, renew items, request item retrieval, update personal information, and pay fines. While most library services are available to community patron account holders, interlibrary loan services are not available. Please contact your local library for interlibrary loan services.
Kansas Library Card
A Community Library Patron Account does not provide off-campus access to our online journals and databases. Community card holders are invited to access most of our resources by visiting our library locations on campus in person.
However, Kansas residents can access certain databases and resources through the State of Kansas. Most of these can be accessed from anywhere in the state with a Kansas Library Card (please note that this card is not related to a K-State Libraries Community Patron Account).
Apply for a Kansas Library Card at Hale Library.