The Research Exchange Student Specialist will assist the Digital Scholarship Librarian and other librarians in the Center for the Advancement of Digital Scholarship in:
- Performing bibliographic research
- Online browsing (i.e.looking up faculty profile pages, locating licensing information)
- Creating or modifying metadata (i.e., titles, authors, institutions, keywords, abstracts, etc.)
- Contacting K-State faculty, staff, and students to ask for scholarly works they have created.
- Converting files (i.e. MS Word to PDF)
- Other tasks assigned by the Digital Scholarship Librarian(s). We regularly take the scholarly articles and papers written by K-State faculty and students and re-publish them online in open-access pdf versions.
- Familiarity and experience with: MS Word; Email; Web browsers (Chrome, Firefox, Safari)
- Ability to work independently and in a team
- Ability to understand and follow directions
- Willingness to investigate or learn new technologies
- Experience with Spreadsheets (MS Excel, Google Sheets), Adobe Reader and Adobe Acrobat
- Understanding of basic html or xml coding
- Experience in graphic design, typography, or desktop publishing
- Various software programs
- The applicant will be working 20 hours a week. The work will be accomplished between the hours of 8:00am and 5:00pm Monday through Friday.
Preferred Start Date:
- Immediately - Fall 2018 semester
- To apply, please open, complete, and submit the application form (pdf).
- Also, attach your resume and your Fall 2018 schedule to email to email@example.com. The subject line of the email should be: Your Name - Name of Position(s) you are applying for.
*IF YOU ARE SELECTED FOR AN INTERVIEW YOU WILL BE CONTACTED VIA YOUR KSU.EDU E-MAIL ACCOUNT.*