We guide our community in its quest for intellectual discovery and lifelong learning. We advance the creation, sharing, and preservation of knowledge at Kansas State University.
We aspire to be a leading intellectual and learning environment that anticipates and creatively fulfills the needs of our communities by funding, acquiring, and organizing a diverse array of resources and providing personalized expert assistance. We will be the answer to the question of why libraries remain relevant in a digital world full of options.
- We value intellectual freedom.
- We respect and protect the right to explore all points of view and the right to privacy.
- We value the many communities we serve.
- We encourage interactions with a broad spectrum of individuals and groups and treat all people with respect, dignity and courtesy.
- We value contributions and ideas from all individuals.
- We consider many viewpoints before making decisions and encourage creativity and innovation.
- We value responsible resource management.
- We spend our money wisely and in ways that afford the broadest benefit to our communities.
- We value learning.
- We create an environment that promotes ongoing learning for ourselves and our communities.
- We care (and go the extra mile).
Read the full 2007 Strategic Plan