- About Us
K-State Libraries Strategic Plan
K-State Libraries’ Strategic Plan supports the K-State 2025 initiative for K-State to be recognized nationally as a Top 50 public research university.
Our mission and vision
K-State Libraries—Elevating Academic Success
We manifest the land-grant values and rich history of our university. We elevate academic success as an integral partner in research, learning, and discovery. We advocate for our campus and our community, connect their imaginations to information, and number their successes among our own.
This mission and vision supports K-State 2025 by developing K-State Libraries as the central place for discovery through providing resources and support for the teaching, research, and service of Kansas State University and the citizens of Kansas.
Our Strategic Themes
- K-State Libraries will be a partner in enhancing the research reputation of K-State by developing supportive services and collections.
- K-State Libraries will build on our culture of teaching and learning that promotes and supports student success and establishes a community of learners in library physical and online spaces.
- K-State Libraries will increase visibility and understanding of staff, roles, services, collections, and programs of the Libraries to promote the added value that libraries and librarians bring to engagement.
- K-State Libraries will balance the need for physical library space for collections, study, teaching and learning, operations and other user-driven functions and activities.
- K-State Libraries will recruit and retain a talented, diverse staff that is recognized for anticipating and meeting changing user needs and advancing the Top 50 goal.
Our complete strategic plan with details of activities and outcomes to achieve our goals can be found on the K-State 2025 website.
The Libraries Departmental Strategic Plans will be posted in Fall 2013.