- About Us
The Richard L. D. and Marjorie J. Morse Department of Special Collections acquires, preserves and digitizes a rich array of historic materials. More than one million items – from manuscripts, rare books, photographs, and more – serve the diverse research needs of academics, casual researchers, and individuals seeking information on the history of the K-State community.
Located on the 5th floor of Hale Library, Special Collections is committed to enhancing and expanding its holdings in support of its teaching, learning, and academic research community.
“Books don’t do a lot of good just sitting in your house. They need to be read.”
Dr. James Marsden, Regents Distinguished Professor, has presented a complete Limited Editions Club (LEC) collection to K-State Libraries. Only four libraries have the whole series: the Library of Congress, the Nashville Public Library, the University of Texas, and now Kansas State University.
Established in 1929 by George Macy, each Limited Editions Club book was issued via mail to club subscribers. The books include original art by famous illustrators, photographers, and major artists, most of whom hand-signed each copy; they also feature fine typography, design, and binding in a tribute to the art of bookmaking.