- About Us
We know you like to keep the library materials you use frequently close at hand. However, we need to see them once each year to make sure they don't need any preservation or repair, and also so we can prove to our accountants that they still exist. The Renew It service is designed to make it as easy as possible for you to help us accomplish our tasks.
If your materials are:
- more than you can carry to Hale or a branch library
- no longer able to be renewed online
- present in your office or lab on campus
then Renew It is for you!
Simply contact us to set up a day and time, and a staff member will visit your office or lab, check in all materials present, and then check them back out to you. In a few cases, someone else at K-State may have placed a request for an item that you have checked out. In that case, we will not be able to check the item back out to you. If you still need the item, you may request it through Interlibrary Loan. We can also take care of items that have gone to Lost status at this time as well. If you have a library proxy, that individual can meet with us if you are unavailable.
Benefits to you include:
- not having to transport dozens of books
- having a single due date applied to everything you have checked out
- clearing your account of any blocks
What you need to do:
- make an appointment using the contact info in the sidebar
- have all your materials on hand in your campus office or lab
- be available with your K-State ID or have your proxy available with his or her K-State ID
You will still need to renew materials whenever you get a notice that they are coming due. If not, they will go to Lost status, resulting in blocks on your account. Renewing materials can easily be done online or by contacting us.