The Academic Services Student Specialist will assist the Instructional Designer and other librarians in the Academic Services Department in:
- Creation and maintenance of web and multimedia learning content
- Copy editing of online learning tools
- Creating transcripts of audio and video
- Web standards and accessibility reviews
- Other tasks assigned by Academic Services Librarians such as working on literature searches or usability studies
- Excellent written communication skills
- Experience with HTML5 and any content management system (such as Canvas, LibGuides, or WordPress)
- Ability to work independently and in a team
- Willingness to investigate or learn new technologies
- Digital photo editing, such as resizing, layering, masking, and blend modes
- Video creation and editing
- Experience with Adobe Creative Cloud products, Camtasia, or Audacity
- Experience using Canvas learning management system
- Graphic design coursework and/or experience
- Computer, printer, various software programs, and the web.
- The applicant will be working 20 hours a week. The work will be accomplished between the hours of 8:00 AM and 5:00 PM, Monday through Friday.
Preferred Start Date:
- Immediately - Fall 2018 semester
- To apply, please open, complete, and submit the application form (pdf).
- Also, attach your resume and your Fall 2018 schedule to email to email@example.com. The subject line of the email should be: Your Name - Name of Position(s) you are applying for.
*IF YOU ARE SELECTED FOR AN INTERVIEW YOU WILL BE CONTACTED VIA YOUR KSU.EDU E-MAIL ACCOUNT.*