See student positions on the Student Jobs page.
K-State Libraries consist of architectural award-winning Hale Library and four specialized branches on the Manhattan, KS campus. Print holdings number 2.3 million volumes, and are supported by access to over 49,000 journals and hundreds of research databases online. K-State Libraries employ approximately 100 individuals full-time, including tenure-track faculty librarians, professional staff, and classified staff. The part-time student employee crew numbers approximately 60.
Kansas State University (K-State) is a land-grant institution located in the rolling Flint Hills of northeastern Kansas, 125 miles west of Kansas City. Locally known as "The Little Apple", Manhattan has an estimated population of 50,000. Founded in 1863, K-State has an enrollment of approximately 23,000 students and offers more than 250 undergraduate, graduate and professional programs.
K-State is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer strongly committed to diversity. We value qualified candidates who can bring to our community a variety of backgrounds and experiences.
In the hope of reaching a diverse group of applicants whose talents would enrich our organization and community in new ways, we seek applicants whose strengths lie in their potential as well as in their experiences to make strong contributions in any or all of the following areas. If you are someone with the potential to:
- relate to and inspire the trust of students and other clientele
- educate users in a broad sense by supporting the university's commitment to prepare students for a diverse society
- be eternally curious about new or different ways of meeting changing needs or doing old tasks
- demonstrate initiative in the creation of programs and processes,
- maintain a collaborative attitude toward others
- be flexible in a world of frequent changes
- communicate with a variety of audiences
then we hope to hear from you.