About the Services
Interlibrary Services supports the research and teaching needs of Kansas State University’s academic community by facilitating access to materials not held in our libraries, while also sharing our resources with other educational institutions.
You can submit interlibrary loan or document delivery requests by using your eID and password to access our Interlibrary Services system (ILLiad) or by clicking on the Get It button within a database.
Number of days for processing are average.
Generally we cannot borrow:
We will not process interlibrary loan requests if you have lost your library privileges due to overdue K-State Libraries’ materials. Once you have returned overdue materials or paid for lost items, you may request interlibrary loans.
Where to check out and return interlibrary loans
Interlibrary loans normally checked out in Hale Library will be available for check out at Weigel Library of Architecture, Planning & Design until Hale Library reopens. Loans may also be checked out at the Veterinary Medical Library or Kansas State Polytechnic Library. Check your ILLiad account under "Personal Info" to verify or change your preferred check out location.
When placing a request you’d like to check out at the Math/Physics Library, you may select that in the Alternate Delivery Location field.
You may return interlibrary loans at:
- Weigel Library of Architecture, Planning, & Design (0081 Regnier Hall) (hours of operation)
- The Math/Physics Library (105 Cardwell Hall) (hours of operation)
- The K-State Polytechnic Library (2310 Centennial Rd., Salina, KS 67401) (hours of operation)
- The Veterinary Medical Library (422 Trotter Hall) (hours of operation)
- The book drop that is just north of Dickens Hall.
- The Manhattan Public Library (629 Poyntz Avenue). You can return them to their book drop or to their circulation desk.