Common access issues
- Mozilla Firefox is the recommended browser for this site, but Internet Explorer (6.x or later) and Chrome also work fine.
- Some databases only permit a limited number of users. If you are unable to access a database, try again later. You can see the number of permitted users under each database title on the databases page.
What to do if you have difficulties logging in or accessing an E-Journal or database
- Off-campus access to many of our online journals, databases, and e-books is limited to current K-State students, faculty, and staff. You will be asked to login with your Kansas State University eID and password.
- Following a bookmark or link from another source will typically fail from off-campus.
- Search for journal articles in K-State Libraries collections by their citations using K-State Libraries' Citation Linker or Google Scholar.
- Search for e-books in K-State Libraries' catalog
- Contact the K-State IT Help Desk if you experience login issues by phone (785) 532-7722, by email
, or in person at 214 Hale Library.
- Difficulties accessing a specific e-journal or database should be reported using any of the methods listed on the Ask A Librarian page
How to get an eID
New K-Staters need to register to activate their K-State Electronic Identification or eID. eIDs are required for many K-State services, including iSIS, Webmail, and K-State Online. eIDs are also required for off-campus access to many of K-State Libraries' online resources. eIDs remain active until the student, staff, or faculty member leaves K-State. Questions about eIDs should be referred to the K-State IT Help Desk by visiting 214 Hale Library, calling (785) 532-7722, or e-mailing
If you have comments, questions, or suggestions, please let us know.