Shared graduate study space is located in rooms 306 and 309 of Hale Library.  The rooms contain 51 individual desks.  Students use whichever space is available at their time of need.  

Eligibility and Access

All enrolled graduate students can access the room by using their Wildcat ID card.

Usage Guidelines

Graduate Study Rooms in Hale LibraryThe graduate study rooms are designated quiet zones.  If group study is desired, please move to the second or fourth floor of Hale Library.

Individual study spaces may not be reserved or claimed by one user for an extended period of time. 

One person may not use more than one individual study space.

Library materials used in the graduate study rooms that are not checked out must be returned daily for re-shelving.

The doors to rooms 306 and 309 must be kept closed to ensure security in the graduate study rooms.  Providing access to unauthorized users of the graduate study rooms will result in loss of access.

Graduate Study Rooms in Hale LibraryLibrary furniture from other areas of the building may not be moved into the graduate study rooms, and furniture in the graduate study rooms may not be moved out. 

No access will be permitted to the graduate study rooms when the library is closed.

Any lighting or other maintenance problems should be reported to Library Help, 2nd floor, as soon as possible.

Users should not leave personal items or research materials unattended.  K-State Libraries and Kansas State University assume no responsibility in the case of loss or damage to personal possessions kept in the graduate study rooms.  Promptly report thefts, vandalism or other criminal activities to Library Help, 2nd floor, who will call campus police.

August 2012