- About Us
Search It: What can it help me search for?
Search It is a tool that allows you to search for most (but not all) of the online and print materials owned or subscribed to by K-State Libraries. You can start using it right from the Libraries’ homepage!
What can it do? How can it help me search?
- You can find books, articles, music, movies, ebooks and more...
- You can narrow search results by topic, date, language and more...
- You can filter your results so that you only see things like peer-reviewed articles and full-text online resources.
- You can customize your account to generate results more closely related to your major or research area and create alerts for newly added materials.
- You can save your searches and results and view them later.
- You can export specific results into citation management software like RefWorks.
When should I use it?
- When you are beginning research on a topic and you are not sure how to begin
- When you only need a few sources for a small assignment or research project
- When you are doing multi- or cross-disciplinary research
- When you are having trouble finding resources in other subject-specific databases
When should I use other resources?
- When you are doing subject-specific research. For certain subjects (ex. Business), the most extensive and useful research material can be found in our more focused / subject-specific databases.
- When you already know the title or other citation information for a book or article that you want to read. It is can be much easier to use the Catalog, E-Journals, or Google-Scholar to find specific materials.