- About Us
Microforms: I found an item in the Catalog, now where do I find it?
Microforms: I found an item in the Catalog, now where do I find it in Hale?
All of the information you need to locate microform material can be found in the individual catalog records of the items you are looking for. Here are the four pieces of information you'll need to make sure you find the right material.
- Title – Newspapers are organized alphabetically so their title is the only way to find them. For other documents, the title will still be useful because there is often more than one document on a single microform.
- Location– The location will be one of two places:
- “Microform - Request at Library Help, Hale 2nd Floor” - Come to Library Help on the 2nd floor of Hale during Library Help hours and we will retrieve the materials for you.
- “Government Publications Microforms--Hale 3rd Floor” – This collection is located in the middle of Hale’s 3rd floor and is made up of rows of white cabinets with horizontal drawers. If you need assistance finding materials, ask for assistance at Library Help.
- Call Number – When writing down the call number, make sure to write down if the item is a microfilm-fiche, -card or -print.
- Series – Sometimes there will be additional identifying information listed on an individual item’s catalog record. When this information is available you will want to write it down. It may be necessary for finding the item.