- About Us
Books in a specific genre: How can I search for them?
If you are searching for something to read for fun, you may want to browse the Leisure Reading collection, located on the east end of Hale Library's 2nd floor. Otherwise, our materials are organized in our collection by subject, and we use the Library of Congress Call Number System to code those subjects.
To find where our books are by genre (e.g., science fiction, mystery, fantasy, romance, historical fiction), use Search It.
- Click on Search It Advanced in the middle of our home page
- From the advanced screen, click the second tab K-State Libraries only (this will identify books in our local collection)
- change only the Material Type: field to books
- these are a few of the types of fiction in our collection, you can enter one of them into the search box
- detective and mystery stories
- fantasy fiction
- graphic novels
- historical fiction
- love stories
- mystery fiction
- western stories
- science fiction
- click the Search button
- on the left hand side of the results page, you'll see Refine My Results
- under Topic, click on More options to bring up a Refine Search box
- this is where you can include topics you are interested in reading and clicking the Continue button.
- NOTE: as you include topics the results will change. click on More options, again, to further refine your results
- You will now see a list of the titles we have. If you want to limit the book format choose either "Electronic Resources" or "Available in the Library" near the top of the page.