Checked out materials
If you've checked out books, videos, dvds, maps, or other material from K-State Libraries, you will need to return it to one of our desks or use our library book drops.
If you checked out a book or film at one campus library you can return it to another campus library except for
- Reserves - all Reserve materials need to be returned to the library from which they were checked out. Returning Reserve materials to the wrong desk or in a book drop can lead to a delay in these items being checked in and you can accrue late fines.
- Interlibrary Loan - you can return books borrowed from Interlibrary Loan to any of the K-State Libraries' desks but please do not return them in book drops.
Library Help--2nd floor. Hale Reserve items need to be returned to this desk.
- Parking lot north of Dickens Hall
- Sidewalk west of Hale Library
- Hale Library--Sunflower Entrance
- Hale Library--2nd floor Entrance (to the right of the entrance gates)
Materials not checked out
If you were using items in the library, but did not check them out, do not reshelve them. Instead, you may return them to a library desk, or place them on an empty table or cart. This permits us to scan them and know what items are used, even if not checked out. Also, we know it's easier to find a book on the shelf than it is to shelve it in the proper location and we're happy to re-shelve them.
Renew: How do I renew my book?
Account: How can I see what books I have checked out and when they are due?