Cataloging & Serials
Paperbacks -- Monographs and Serials
- Write the location and call no. in the item in the upper left
hand corner of the page after the title page approximate 1/2 inch from the top and 1/2 inch from the gutter. The location (except
for "main") is written as the complete VOYAGER location code, i.e.,
vetm, sci ref, phys per.
- Directly below the enumeration, write the copy number if other
than copy 1. Copy numbers on the piece are preceded by a lowercase
"c." (i.e.; c.2 or c.3)
- Serials: Include the enumeration/chronology as part of
the call no.
- Post periodicals by writing call no. and issue information as
follows for all locations except Special Collections
- Write the call number in the upper left corner of the item
using black ink. Use a white sticker to write on if the cover
is too dark or too glossy to clearly show the call number.
- Directly below the call number, write the enumeration, putting
each different element on a new line. Alternate/parallel numbers
are NOT added to the label. Chronology is not written on the
item unless it is the primary or only designation.
- If receiving a second (or third) copy of an issue for one
location, directly below the enumeration, write "dup." (Do not
receive these pieces in the Acquisitions or the Cataloging module.)
- Indicate the location in the upper right corner of the piece.
- Write the location in the upper right corner of the item using black ink. Use a white sticker to write on if the cover is too dark or too glossy to clearly show the location.
- For Special Collections items,
follow any special directions in holdings. If item is a periodical with no special instructions, write the call number and location on item the same as any other periodical.
- Make a printout of the bibliographic record. Write
New Title (or NT) or Title Change (or TC)on the top and distribute
- Serial items - 1 printout to Serials Basket (if no Purchase
Order has been made)
- Periodicals - 1 printout to Serials Basket (if no Purchase
Order has been made), 1 printout stays in the issue.
- Place bound monographs and serial items on the labelling truck.
- Place monograph and serial paperbacks on the appropriate truck
- Place periodical issues on Micro/PRR or Branch trucks in the mail
area, separating them by location.
SuDocs and KDocs
Cataloging on VOYAGER
Cataloging on Voyager
Serials Team Home Page