New Resources Shelves
Purpose: To identify items which will go to the
Hale Library New Resources shelf, and to provide procedures for handling
materials going to those shelves.
The following types of materials will automatically be sent
to the New Resources shelf:
- Newly cataloged monographs (including gifts) with a permanent
location of Hale Stacks (main), Curriculum Materials, Juvenile Literature,
or Oversize. The exception is large multi-volume sets (5 or more volumes).
- Most new non-book items (compact discs, DVDs, videos, CD-ROMs, etc.) that have a location of the Media Collection (media
coll). The exception is LPs and large multi-part sets (5 or more pieces).
The following items are NOT sent to the New Resources shelves:
- Paperbacks that are going to be bound immediately
- Items with a "Hold for Reviewer" flyer
- Added volumes and copies
- Materials with a loan type of "no loan"
- Items going to the branches or any reference location
- Large multi-part sets (5 or more pieces)
Cataloging items which will be going to the New Resources
- Items will be cataloged as usual.
- Insert Send to New Resources Shelf flyer into
- Item will be sent to labeling as usual.