Cataloging & Serials: Monographs
Cataloging Monographs with "Problem" Series
This routine covers cataloging monographs
with certain problematic series associated with them. Additional information
can be found in the series authority for each individual series.
This series is published by Wiley Academy and has two series statements
on it, one for the series Architectural Design
and one for the series Profile or Architectural
Design Profile. Each series has its own numbering scheme.
- Make a 490 for the "Profile" series, including the numbering.
490 1 Profile ; |v 151
- Make a 500 note for the "Architectural design" series.
500 Published as v. 71, no. 3 of Architectural design.
- Trace the series "Architectural design" (NOT the "Profile" series)
in a 730 field as shown below. There will
be no numbering information in the 730 field.
730 0 Architectural design (London, England : 1971)
- Trace the series "Profile" in an 830
field. The numbering for the Profile is in a |v.
830 0 Architectural design profile ; |v no. 151.
Lecture Notes in Artificial Intelligence
This is a subseries of the series Lecture Notes
in Computer Science. The main series, Lecture
Notes in Computer Science is numbered. The subseries Lecture
Notes in Artificial Intelligence is not numbered.
- The entire series string, with both the main series, its numbering,
and the subseries, is entered in a 490 field as shown in the example
490 1 Lecture notes in computer science ; |v 1864. |a Lecture notes in artificial intelligence.
- Enter the main series in an 830 field as instructed in the series
authority record. Record the series numbering in a subfield v.
830 0 Lecture notes in computer science ; |v 1864.
- Enter the subseries in a separate 830 field. There is no numbering
entered in this field.
830 0 Lecture notes in computer science. |p Lecture notes in artificial intelligence.