The KSU Social Club was organized in 1911 by Mrs. Waters, wife of KSAC President Henry Jackson Waters. The faculty at the college was growing and it was becoming more difficult for newer members to become acquainted. The basic plans for the format of the club, allowing for changes due to increases in membership and name changes, remain essentially the same as when the club was first organized. The club's purpose is sociability and the furthering of acquaintanceship among the members. Those individuals eligible for membership include the following and/or their spouses: administrative officers, administrative assistants, faculty members of the rank of instructor or above, commissioned officers in the Military Science and Aerospace Studies Departments, government personnel with equivalent faculty rank and persons who were formerly full-time faculty members in the above categories.
The KSU Social Club records cover the years from 1911 to 1983 and document the clubs activities. The Secretary's Books, combined with records of the refreshment committee, program committee, social chairman, treasurer and membership lists provide details of clubs operations, while Scrapbooks and Yearbooks show the overall range of the clubs activities. Historical accounts written by club members offer a more personal perspective of the clubs history.
7 document boxes and 1 record box. Register. Acc. No. U 86.31
Additional information may be found in the following:
Photograph Collection-Subject. Social Club (KSU)
President, Office of. Register. UA 111
Educational and Student Services. Register. UA 105