Construction of Southeast Hall was completed in 1952 and in 1961 it was named in honor of Irene Putnam who endowed the Putnam Scholarship program at K-State as a memorial to her late husband, Harry J. Putnam. The building was the third residence hall added to the dormitory complex in the northeast section of campus. Van Zile Hall (1926) and Boyd Hall (1951) are the other two halls.
The scrapbooks, and related material, document the campus and dormitory activities of the residents of Southeast/Putnam Hall from 1953 through 1998 and contain photographs, newspaper clippings, invitations, programs, newsletters, information booklets, etc. Events covered in the albums include social activities (homecoming, dances, parties, holiday celebrations, etc.) and campus involvement of residents (queens, honors, athletics, etc.), as well as major happenings at KSU, such as the burning of Nichols Gym in 1968. The volumes were created and maintained by students in the hall (usually a historian) and donated to the University Archives in 1998.
Box No 01 01 1953-1955; 1964-1965; 1976-1978; 1981 02 1973-1974 02 01 1989-1990 02 1990-1991 03 01 1992-1993 02 1993-1994 04 01 1994-1995 02 Guides to Putnam Hall; no dates (ca 1970s and 1980s); 1986-1987 to 1998-1999