- About Us
Criteria for Serials Formats
When selecting material, we follow these guidelines:
- Any journal for which an online version is an inadequate substitute will be retained in print.
- Any journal for which an online version does not meet accreditation standards will be retained in print.
- Titles for which the online version does not include materials needed for some Kansas State University programs and assignments, such as advertisements, classifieds, reviews, letters to the editor, etc., should be retained in print.
- Only titles which have a demonstrated stability of online access should be migrated to online access at this time.
- License agreements for online subscriptions must meet state and Kansas State University requirements.
- Standard, glossy general-interest serials, such as Time and Vogue, will continue to be received in print.
- Titles for which no electronic version exists will be retained in print.
- Only journals for which perpetual access can reasonably be expected will be changed to online-only access.
- K-State Libraries should retain in print titles which are obscure, have limited circulation, or have ceased publication.
- Titles for which K-State Libraries can be considered the library of record, or holding the final copy should always be retained in print.