Who Can Borrow?
Both academic and community patrons are eligible to borrow K-State Libraries’ materials including
K-State undergraduate students, graduate students, staff, and faculty
- Visiting faculty, researchers, and scholars
Keeping your e-mail and postal mailing address up to date with K-State Libraries will help ensure you receive notices in a timely manner. Familiarize yourself with K-State Libraries’ check out and return policies, and Ask a Librarian if you have questions.
Simply present your K-State ID or Community Patron Library Card and the materials you would like to borrow.
You may renew books in person at a service desk and online in your My Library Account. If your office or lab is on campus, consider the Renew It program. Please return borrowed material to the designated return areas.
Renewals are not possible if:
- Renewal limit is reached. Each item borrowed from the libraries’ has a maximum number of times it may be renewed. See the Loan Periods and Fines page for more information.
- Patron’s account is blocked due to lost materials.
- Item is a reserve item or is a journal/periodical.
- Item has been requested for Reserves.
- You may request that we extend due dates for these items by contacting Library Help at the Union in-person, by phone at 785-532-3014, or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Once you have reached your renewal limit, items must be seen by library staff.