Log In | Contact Us| View Cart (0)
Browse Collections Digital Content Subjects Creators Record Groups

Photographic Services | Morse Department of Special Collections

Name: Photographic Services


Historical Note:

In 2009, Photographic Services became part of the Division of Communications and Marketing at Kansas State University.  Previously, it had been part of the News and Editorial Services Department for many years.  When Photographic Services started in 1919, it was under the Office of the President.  In 1961, the department was first listed as Photographic Services.  For many years, the offices for the unit were in the power plant.  In 2010, Photographic Services moved to Dole Hall.

F.E. Colburn, who was also a professor of Illustration, was the first College Photographer in 1919.  In 1930, Floyd J. Hanna assumed this role until 1966.  From 1966 to 1985 David von Reiesen led Photographic Services, and Paul Maginnes led it from 1986 to 1994.  Dan Donnert was the head of Photographic Services from 1994 to 2008, and David Mayes has led the unit since 2008 as the Manager of Communications and Marketing Photographic Services.






Page Generated in: 0.071 seconds (using 118 queries).
Using 7.98MB of memory. (Peak of 8.15MB.)

Powered by Archon Version 3.21 rev-2.1
Copyright ©2012 The University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign