Works Cited Page
Sources cited in your paper must appear on a Works Cited page. This page should meet the following guidelines:
- A works cited page appears as a separate page at the end of your paper.
- Title the page "Works Cited" and center the title at the top of the page.
- Each source cited in your paper should be represented in your works cited.
- Your Works Cited page should have 1" margins on each side.
Write out the last name and first name for each author of a given work.
- Capitalize each word in the titles of books, articles, etc.
- Do not capitalize prepositions, conjunctions, or articles unless any of those are the first word in a title.
- Some examples are The Rundown, The Help, Gone Baby Gone, and Around the Block.
Italicizing and Quotations
- Italicize the titles of books, magazines, and movies.
- Use quotation marks for shorter works like articles, poems, and webpage titles.
- A works cited page should be arranged in alphabetical order according to authors' last names.
- If there is no author present, those entries should be arranged alphabetically by title within the works cited.
The first line of a citation is flush on the left margin and each subsequent line indented one-half inch (one tab).