"Being a part of the K-State Libraries Student Ambassadors for the last three years has offered many opportunities to provide valuable, student-driven feedback to an institution so necessary on campus. As we recover from the Hale fire and look to the future of a next generation library, the Libraries Ambassadors strive to strengthen the connection between K-State students and their Libraries even more so than before.
It is so exciting to be a part of a group playing such a key role in this important, transformative time for a spot that is loved full well - Hale Library, the heart of the K-State campus."
Tiffany Bowers, 2018-2019 chair
About the Ambassadors
The Libraries Student Ambassadors are an elite group of undergraduate and graduate students who serve as advocates and representatives for K-State Libraries at recruitment, outreach, and fundraising activities. Ambassadors also provide valuable feedback on the Libraries' initiatives and services while representing various colleges, interests, and the perspectives of the student body.
The Ambassador program provides students with leadership skills and the opportunity to use their opinions and ideas help shape the future of K-State Libraries.
Become an Ambassador
Complete the online application by Thursday, August 30, 2018. Ambassadors’ are required to attend the annual retreat on September 22, 2018 and regular monthly meetings. Monthly meetings take place the last Tuesday of the month while school is in session from 7:30-9:30 pm. The 2018 monthly meetings are:
- September 25 at 7:30 pm
- October 30 at 7:30 pm
- November 27 at 7:30 pm
- January 29 at 7:30 pm
- February 26 at 7:30 pm
- March 26 at 7:30 pm
- April 30 at 7:30 pm
What we are looking for
- Students with a strong interest in making a positive impact by improving and advocating for the Libraries
- Commitment to attend trainings and meetings in order to provide constructive and insightful feedback to the Libraries
- Students who are comfortable speaking with individuals or small groups
- A willingness to explore and discover innovative solutions
- Attend the annual retreat and attend regular monthly meetings.
- Commit two years of service (unless you are a graduating student).
- Service on at least one committee.
- Participate in outreach activities.